Getting injured in an auto accident, bike collision, slip and fall accident, or on a construction site can result in catastrophic injuries. The situation for the victim worsens when the accident and injury occurred due to another’s negligence. Fortunately, the law in Georgia allows you to file a personal injury claim for damages against the at-fault party to recover your rightful compensation.
But the burden of proof lies on the victim in these cases. Therefore, depending on the type of personal injury, it can take several months and even years for the injured victim to see any sort of compensation.
If you are in a similar situation, i.e., you’ve filed a personal injury lawsuit in Columbus, GA and you are struggling to pay the bills as the legal matter drags on, you may want to consider taking out a pre-settlement loan.
A lawsuit loan or pre-settlement funding firm like Direct Legal Funding can offer you a lawsuit cash advance to pay for your medical bills, rent/mortgage, living expenses, or anything else you need. This advance is a type of non-recourse loan, which means you only pay it back if you win your case and receive financial compensation.
Can you get Money before a lawsuit settlement in Columbus, GA?
The answer is yes. Since your credit history or employment history is not a factor in lawsuit loans with Direct Legal Funding, getting pre-settlement funding is a fast and easy process. From the time you contact us, we can get you processed and your money on the way within 24 hours, and without collateral.
When you choose a top-rated lawsuit cash advance provider, such as Direct Legal Funding, you can expect personal service with a loan specialist who will expedite the entire process to make it as easy as possible. There is no risk and if your case doesn’t settle, then you don’t owe us a dime. The cash advance risk is all on us. So, call now!
Mistakes that can Delay Your Loan on Pending Lawsuit Settlements in Columbus, GA
If you are applying for a Columbus, GA lawsuit loan, make sure you don’t make the following mistakes as they can prolong the process:
- Failure to notify your lawyer that you have contacted a pre settlement loan company
- Failure to have the proper contact information for your attorney or your case manager at the law firm.
- Failure to choose a reliable and customer-focused pre-settlement loans provider such as Direct Legal Funding, who will ensure your money is coming to you quickly and without stress.
What Should I Do to Ensure My Loan on Pending Lawsuit Settlement Columbus, GA is Not Delayed?
If you want to get your application approved as quickly as possible, here’s what you need to do:
- Talk to your lawyer about your loan application before you apply. This way they will accept our calls for information.
- Ask you attorney to respond to Direct Legal Funding’s request for information quickly. The quicker they get us the needed documents, the quicker we can get you the money you deserve.
- Most importantly, choose the right lawsuit funding company, such as Direct Legal Funding, in order to get money before settlement in Columbus, GA in as little as 24 hours.
Steps to Obtain Low-Interest Lawsuit Funding in Columbus, Georgia
A lawsuit loan relies on your potential future settlement as collateral, instead of your personal assets or credit score. Therefore the loan application approval process is so fast; We don’t need to pour over your credit history or assets in order to approve your application. All we need to know is the facts of your case, which we determine after talking to your attorney and evaluating your case documents.
If you want to apply for a pre-settlement loan in Columbus, GA, here is how it works:
- Step 1: Choose Direct Legal Funding and call us or fill out our online application form.
- Step 2: We will contact your lawyer to gather pertinent information regarding your case.
- Step 3: After receiving the documents from your attorney, we will start the approval of your loan application (usually within an hour)
- Step 4: Once your application is approved, you will receive your funds the same day or the next business day.
- Step 5: Please Leave Us a Review.
Georgia Laws Related to Pre-Settlement Funding for Columbus Residents
Georgia has its own set of laws regarding personal injury lawsuits. The state also imposes some rules regarding settlement loans. These include:
- The statute of limitations in Georgia is two years when it comes to filing personal injury lawsuits (there are certain exceptions). You can only apply for lawsuit funding if your claim was filed within this duration.
- A plaintiff cannot get more than one lawsuit loan against their personal injury lawsuit. If you’ve already applied for and received funding from a lender, you can’t apply for another one.
- You can’t file a lawsuit, and thus, can’t apply for funding in Georgia, if you are more than 50% responsible for your injury.
What is the Average Cost of Healthcare in Georgia?
Georgia has one of the highest health insurance premiums, with a typical 40-year-old paying an average of $590 per month. From regular blood tests to C-section surgeries, every healthcare costs more in Georgia compared to most of the states. For example, blood tests in Arizona cost between $49 and $99 while the same cost $79-$270 in Georgia.
Previous Personal Injury Cases in Georgia
In December 2021, a 30-year-old woman was traveling along the I-75 when she was rear-ended. She sustained lumbar and cervical herniations, tears, and multiple soft-tissue injuries. She sued the at-fault driver who was found to be speeding and making unsafe lane changes and received $100,000 in a settlement.
In another case, a 19-year-old man died after getting struck head-on while driving along Route 84. His parents alleged negligence against the responsible driver who was not only drunk but was also using her phone while driving. The jury awarded the parents about $26 million.
Be Mindful of These Dangerous Intersections and Roads in Georgia
The following intersections in Georgia are considered the deadliest for pedestrians and drivers:
- I-75 in Kennesaw
- I-20 in Atlanta
- Mike Padgett Highway in Augusta
- I-85 in Atlanta at Piedmont Avenue
- Lee Street SW in Atlanta
- Wesley Chapel Road in Decatur
- Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SW in Atlanta
- I-85 in Atlanta
- Houston Road in Macon
- Old National Highway in Atlanta
Treatments for Accident Victims at Hospitals and Medical Centers in Columbus, GA
If you have suffered an injury due to a slip-and-fall accident, car accident, or any other mishap, the first step is to go to your local emergency department or a hospital to get yourself checked out by a medical professional. You can visit any of the following hospitals in Columbus, Georgia to get prompt care:
- Columbus Health Center
- Grady Hospital Neighborhood Center
- VA Fulton/Eastpoint Hospital
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center South: Parking Deck (inside Wellstar Columbus Health Center)
Apply for Quick and Easy Lawsuit Funding in Columbus, GA Today
Whether you need a settlement loan of $500 or $500,000, we at Direct Legal Funding can offer you the cash advance you need until you win your case. What happens if you lose? Absolutely nothing.
You have no obligation to repay the loan unless you obtain compensation through a settlement or verdict for your personal injury claim. Apply today or contact us online to know more. If you’d like to talk to our team to get the ball rolling today, call us at 866-941-5588.