Civil lawsuits and settlements in California can come with high costs. Medical bills, lost earnings, and other expenses related to your injuries can put you in a big financial hole while you are waiting for your settlement money.
When the costs accumulate and you can’t turn anywhere else for assistance, consider applying for a pre-settlement lawsuit loan in California from Direct Legal Funding. A lawsuit settlement loan is a non-recourse loan that can cover expenses you have throughout a lawsuit until the suit reaches a settlement.
Lawsuits can last for months or even years in many cases. If you need help paying bills during your lawsuit, call the leading settlement loan provider in California, Direct Legal Funding.
Direct Legal Funding Settlement Loans in California
Direct Legal Funding is an affordable and dependable lawsuit loan provider in California and many other locations throughout the US. We make it easy to receive legal funding fast so you can start getting your life back on track.
In California, we provide settlement loans for a wide range of civil lawsuits. This includes but is not limited to:
- Personal Injury: This is a “catch-all” term that refers to various types of civil cases in which an injured plaintiff is seeking damages.
- Car Accidents: Auto accidents are among the most common types of personal injury cases, and injured plaintiffs may be eligible for a car accident loan based on their anticipated settlement amount.
- The Jones Act: The Jones Act is a federal law that regulates injuries sustained by seamen and other maritime workers. Jones Act loans are issued to injured maritime workers who are waiting for a settlement.
- Labor Law: Each year, there are numerous instances of discrimination, harassment, and other workplace violations in California. Settlement loans are available for those who are involved in employment-related lawsuits.
- Burn Accidents: Many auto accidents and workplace accidents in California cause serious burn injuries. These types of cases often result in disfigurement and other permanent injuries, which means they usually garner relatively large settlements or court verdicts.
- Construction Accidents: OSHA lists construction among the most hazardous industries, and serious injuries happen all the time on California construction job sites.
- Railroad Accidents: Railroad industry workers who get hurt on the job must file a lawsuit under the Federal Employer Liability Act (FELA). FELA lawsuits take a long time to resolve, and pre-settlement loans can be very helpful for injured railroad workers in California.
- Negligence: The term “negligence” means the failure to exercise appropriate care to prevent another person from being harmed. Negligence is the basis for most personal injury claims, although some are filed on the basis of recklessness, fraud, or malicious acts.
- Medical Malpractice: When the negligence of a medical or health professional causes harm to a patient, the injured patient may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Premises Liability Cases: The area of premises liability law refers to preventable injuries that occur on someone else’s property. This could be a slip-and-fall accident because of a known hazardous condition, a dog bite, or a physical assault injury that occurs because of negligent security.
If you’re looking for a lawsuit loan in California and don’t see your type of case on the list, there’s no need to worry. Simply contact us and tell us about your case or apply now to determine if you’re eligible.
California Comparative Negligence Laws
California follows a pure comparative negligence system. Under this system of assigning negligence, a judge or jury assigns a percentage of fault to each responsible party and then apportions the damage award accordingly. Under a pure comparative system, the plaintiff can recover damages even if the accident was to a great extent his or her fault. However, the total damages would be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff.
For example, let’s say you were injured in an auto accident in California, and you sustained a total of $300,000 in losses. And let’s say you are found to be 40% at fault for the accident. In a case like this, your damages would be reduced by 40% (or $120,000) down to a total of $180,000. This means you would be eligible for a settlement loan based on anticipated compensation of $180,000 rather than $300,000.
California’s pure comparative negligence laws underscore the need for plaintiffs to be represented by a skilled personal injury attorney. Insurance companies are for-profit entities that want to pay out as little as possible for their clients’ negligent actions, and they will do whatever they can to pin at least some of the blame for the accident on the victim, so they can reduce the amount of damages that they have to pay.
A seasoned attorney will be familiar with the common tactics that insurance companies use, and they will know the best strategies to overcome these tactics and secure a favorable outcome in your case. When you are working with an attorney, you will be in the best possible position to recover maximum compensation, which means you will also be eligible for the largest possible pre-settlement loan from Direct Legal Funding.
Car Accident Loans in California
California’s statutory minimum limits of liability insurance are $15,000 for damages to one individual and $30,000 for all persons injured or killed per accident. A plaintiff looking to recover damages in a car accident lawsuit will have at least the above-mentioned policy limits to claim on in the event of a settlement. As these limits are comparatively low, it is very helpful for the plaintiff to ascertain whether the at-fault driver has policy limits in excess of the minimum required in California.
California is a tort state for auto accidents. In California, a driver must be found to be responsible for causing the accident before that person’s insurance will pay for damages. This is unlike no-fault states such as New York, where there is no requirement to prove fault and the injured person collects from his own insurance company for medical costs and lost wages.
The injured party cannot sue the party at fault for additional monies unless the state allows for special circumstances. It is important to contact an attorney who knows the car accident laws in the Golden State and can help you understand your rights.
PG&E California Wildfire Lawsuit Loans
The state of California has been ravaged by wildfires in recent years. Every summer, there are several wildfires burning simultaneously, destroying millions of acres and harming thousands of property owners. Many California wildfires have been caused by Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), one of the local utilities in the Golden State.
PG&E has set up a Fire Victim Trust for California property owners who have sustained losses because of wildfires that the utility caused. Thus far, PG&E has awarded more than $14 billion in determination notices to wildfire victims, but only about $6 billion has been paid out so far.
It is estimated that it will take at least a couple of years for the utility to raise the funds necessary to pay out the remaining $8 billion in claims. This means that many California property owners will have to wait quite a while to get reimbursed for their losses. If you are one of those who is waiting to get paid by PG&E, a lawsuit settlement loan through Direct Legal Funding can provide you with much-needed funds in the meantime.
It is quick and easy to obtain a PG&E wildfire lawsuit loan. All you need to do is fill out an application and wait for us to verify the details of your case with your attorney. Once we have reviewed everything from your attorney and approved your pre-settlement funding, we can have the money in your bank account within a matter of hours.
Why Work with Direct Legal Funding?
So, why choose Direct Legal Funding?
Direct Legal Funding provides rates you won’t find anywhere else in the state of California. Our lawsuit loans are 100% non-recourse, which means that if you lose your case, you won’t need to pay back a dime. We also offer low interest rates so your lawsuit loan won’t quickly gather interest. Our settlement loans are designed to give you peace of mind during a challenging lawsuit.
Rest comfortably with Direct Legal Funding’s simple and affordable lawsuit loans in California. We put our customers first so they can focus on what’s important: their settlement.
Apply now for a free quote and find out if you are eligible in as little as 24 hours!
Is It Safe to Get Legal Funding?
Of course, it’s risk-free! This funding is not like other typical loans. If you don’t win the case, you Don’t Owe Us A Penny and walk free.
You can fill out our APPLY NOW free application form to reach out to us. We will get back to you as soon as possible and provide you with the much-needed funds.
You can also contact us at 866-941-5588 if you have any questions. A professional from our expert team will guide you through the process.