The process of settling an auto accident lawsuit is usually a long one. The back-and-forth negotiations between the attorneys and insurance companies to reach a resolution can take months, if not years.
In the meantime, accident victims are left to fend for themselves financially. They have no one else to rely on for their medical bills, vehicle repair, mortgage/rent payments, and several other living expenses.
If you are in the same situation, don’t worry, there is a solution: a lawsuit loan. Also known as a pre-settlement loan or lawsuit cash advance, it can be a huge help to auto accident victims when they need money the most.
And unlike a typical loan, you don’t need to pay it back unless your case is successful, and you win a settlement. If you lose the case, nothing is owed.
The Steps to Obtain Motor Vehicle Accident Pre-Settlement Funding in Macon, Georgia
Since a lawsuit loan is a non-recourse loan, the lender doesn’t need to see your credit history, employment status, or income statement to approve you for one. Instead, it relies on the potential future settlement you will receive.
Applying for this cash advance takes just a few minutes (if you have hired a personal injury attorney):
- Step 1: Choose a lawsuit loan company and fill out their online application.
- Step 2: The company will contact your attorney to gather important information regarding your case to determine your eligibility.
- Step 3: Within hours of receiving all necessary documents, they will make an independent evaluation of your case.
- Step 4: You and your attorney will need to sign the contract to receive the requested approval amount; this process doesn’t have to be in person, you can sign the document electronically (via DocuSign).
- Step 5: Once approved, you will receive the cash advance within 24 hours via wire transfer, Western Union, or a check.
Note: You cannot receive a lawsuit loan in Macon, Georgia without an attorney or their consent. The lending company will require you to retain a lawyer under a contingency agreement.
State Law Regarding Settlement Loans in Macon, GA
Georgia is an “at-fault” state, which means that if the other party is at least 51% responsible for your injuries or property damage, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against them. You can also receive lawsuit funding for the same. Despite the phrase “lawsuit loan”, this cash advance has not been deemed a “loan” in the state of Georgia. This means a few things:
- A pre-settlement loan is not contingent on your employment history, credit score, or any other personal situation. No matter how bad your credit score is, it has zero impact on your eligibility to get a lawsuit loan
- The advance you receive for your lawsuit settlement, doesn’t need to be paid back. It’s only contingent on you actually receiving the money at the conclusion of your case. So, if you don’t win the case, there is no need to repay the loan.
Statistics on Auto Accidents and Injuries in Georgia
With a population of 10.52 million, Georgia is the 8th most populous state in the nation. In 2021, it was also ranked 16th among the worst drivers in the US. Studies show that residents of Georgia drive nearly 20% more than other Americans.
It’s not hard to conclude that more vehicles on the road mean more collisions. But factors like drinking and driving also play a notable role in the high fatality rate. 14% of all car crashes in the state result in fatalities.
Average Time It Takes to Get a Low-Interest Pre-Settlement Loan in Macon, GA
Most applications for lawsuit loans are approved or denied within 48 hours. If your application is accepted, you can receive the funding within 24 hours. Keep in mind: this also depends on who is your lending partner. Reputable lawsuit loan providers like Direct Legal Funding pride themselves on providing financial assistance as quickly as possible.
Factors that can Delay the Loan Approval Process
- If you don’t have the relevant information and documents ready to be submitted to the lawsuit loan firm, it will lead to delays.
- If you don’t have an attorney for your personal injury claim or you have not discussed your pre-settlement loan matter with your attorney, that will also result in a delay.
Factors that can Expedite the Loan Approval Process
- If your attorney knows that you have applied for a lawsuit loan, they can prepare themselves for the brief interview with the lender. The loan provider will call your attorney to learn more about your case, so the better prepared they are, the faster the process will be.
- To fast-track the verification process, keep all the case-relevant information and documents at hand.
Major Intersections and Roads in Macon, GA where Car Accidents Occur
The following intersections in Macon are considered relatively dangerous for pedestrians as well as motorists:
- Gray Highway and Shurling Drive
- Riverside Drive and Northside Drive
- Mercer University and Log Cabin Drive
- Gray Highway and Clinton Road
- Eisenhower Parkway and Log Cabin Drive
- Pio Nono Avenue and Rocky Creek Road
- Mercer University and Bloomfield Road
- Riverside Drive and Spring Street
- Riverside Drive and Pierce Avenue
Common Causes of Vehicle Accidents in Macon, GA
There are countless things – most of them preventable – that can cause a car crash. According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety in Georgia, there were 1,504 fatalities in vehicle collisions in the state in 2018 alone. It’s crucial for drivers to understand what circumstances contribute to accidents so they can drive more carefully on the road.
- Unsafe driving behavior (driving while distracted or impaired, driving too fast, not wearing a seatbelt, etc.
- Following too closely
- Changing lanes aggressively
- Slippery roads
- Low visibility
- Poor road conditions
- Vehicle defects
Types of Injuries in Macon, GA Auto Accidents
A car, truck, or motorbike accident can result in severe injuries to virtually any part of the body. The following are some of the most common injuries suffered by accident victims:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries and/or paralysis
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lacerations, bruises, and “road rash”
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Disfiguring facial injuries and scars
- Pain and distress
Leading Hospitals and Medical Centers in Macon, GA
If you or your loved one has sustained any injuries because of someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior, you might be entitled to compensation. But before you think about filing a lawsuit, make sure you get prompt medical attention at one of the hospitals or emergency care providers in Macon:
- Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Piedmont Macon North
- Bibb County Medical Center
- Atrium Health Navicent Medical Center
- Atrium Health Navicent Emergency Center
- Coliseum Health System: Northside Hospital
- Regency Macon Hospital
Apply for Our No-Risk, 24-Hour Lawsuit Funding in Macon, GA Today
If you have filed a car accident lawsuit claim, or you are planning to file one, getting pre-settlement funding can create options for you that were not available before. Settling these cases often takes a long time, forcing the plaintiffs to settle for a much smaller insurance payout than they are entitled to.
Direct Legal Funding offers a source of cash when you need it the most. Our lawsuit loans are risk-free – if you don’t win your case, you owe us nothing. Our goal is to help you regain some sense of control after your accident.
Simply fill out our application form and receive the much-needed cash advance within 24 hours of approval. Our interest rates for Macon residents can be as low as 2%. Have any questions? Send us a message online or call us at 866-941-5588.