The short answer is, essentially, nothing up front, and you only pay if your case settles. Let’s look at some examples.
A personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver is one way for accident victims to get compensated for their injuries as well as any pain and suffering and loss of income. But pursuing a personal injury claim can be a lengthy process and can get more expensive over time. All the medical bills and household expenses quickly pile up as you wait to receive your rightful financial compensation.
This is where lawsuit loans or pre-settlement loans come in. A leading lawsuit funding firm, like Direct Legal Funding, can provide you with the cash advance you need to pay hospital bills, mortgage payments, living expenses, or anything else. These customized loans are non-recourse loans, which means you won’t need to pay them back if you do not receive a settlement.
Steps to Obtain Low-Interest Pre-Settlement Funding in Macon, Georgia
Pre-settlement funding relies on your future settlement as collateral, so you don’t need to undergo a lengthy credit check in order to be eligible. Applying for a lawsuit loan in Macon, Georgia is easy and fast:
- Step 1: Choose a lawsuit loan company and fill out their online application.
- Step 2: The company will contact your attorney to gather important information regarding your case to determine your eligibility.
- Step 3: Within 48 hours of receiving all necessary documents, they will make an independent evaluation of your case.
- Step 4: You and your attorney will need to sign the contract to receive the requested approval amount; this process doesn’t have to be in person, you can sign the document electronically (via DocuSign).
- Step 5: Once approved, you will receive the cash advance within 24 hours via wire transfer, Western Union, or a check.
State Law Regarding Lawsuit Loans in Georgia
Like other states, Georgia has certain laws and regulations regarding lawsuit cash advances. For example, you (the plaintiff) must not have received a similar loan from another lawsuit lender. You can’t apply for another pre-settlement loan if you’ve already got one.
Also, according to the statute of limitations in Georgia, plaintiffs have 2 years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This means if you have been injured or harmed in any way due to another person’s or entity’s negligence, you must file a lawsuit as soon as you can if you want to receive any monetary compensation.
Georgia also follows a modified comparative fault law. This means that in order to receive compensation, the plaintiff must be less than 50% accountable for their own injury. If the plaintiff is 20% responsible, for example, their compensation is reduced by 20%.
How does this law affect the pre-settlement funding? Well, if you are less than half responsible for your accident, you are eligible for the cash advance. Furthermore, the less at fault the court finds you, the more you could receive. There is no maximum cap on how much you can claim in damages in Georgia.
Statistics on Auto Accidents in Macon, GA
The number of deadly car accidents in Macon has increased during the last decade. One study published in 2020 indicated that Macon ranks 10th in the country for pedestrian fatalities among the 200 largest US cities.
Nearly 34 pedestrians died in Macon between 2013 and 2017, and over 75% of those occurred in poorly lit conditions. Additionally, the study showed that in nearly half of those fatalities, either the pedestrian or the driver had consumed alcohol prior to the accident.
Average Time It Takes to Get a Lawsuit Cash Advance in Macon, GA
Getting a lawsuit loan is a much faster process than getting a car loan or a home mortgage loan. Since it’s not technically a loan at all but “pre-settlement funding”, the process is much quicker. The advance amount is based on the estimated value of your case and your personal cash requirements; it doesn’t involve a credit check.
Once you apply for funding, the company will evaluate your case documents provided by your lawyer and conduct a brief phone interview with you. If approved, you can usually get your money within 24-48 hours.
Factors Delaying the Settlement Loan Approval Process
If you are applying for a settlement loan, be aware of the following factors that can hinder your application process:
- Failure to hire an attorney for your personal injury claim or not discussing your pre-settlement loan matter with the attorney
- Failure to prepare pertinent case-related information and documentation ready for submission to the lawsuit loan company
Factors Expediting the Settlement Loan Approval Process
Want to fast-track your application process? Here’s what to do:
- You can’t apply for a lawsuit loan if you don’t have an attorney. So, if you don’t have one yet for your personal injury lawsuit, hire one before you apply
- Inform your attorney that you plan to apply for a lawsuit loan
- Keep all case-relevant information and documentation ready for submission for the verification process
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Macon, GA
According to WGXA News and our own experience with clients, the most dangerous intersections where the majority of vehicle crashes occur in Macon are:
- Gray Highway and Shurling Drive
- Riverside Drive and Northside Drive
- Mercer University and Log Cabin Drive
- Gray Highway and Clinton Road
- Eisenhower Parkway and Log Cabin Drive
- Pio Nono Avenue and Rocky Creek Road
- Mercer University and Bloomfield Road
- Riverside Drive and Spring Street
- Riverside Drive and Pierce Avenue
Common Causes of Vehicle Accidents in Macon, GA
As per the data published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), these are the most common causes of car accidents in Georgia:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to yield
- Careless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Dangerous lane changes or swerves
- Bad weather
Hospitals and Medical Centers in Macon, GA
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a car crash, slip-and-fall accident, or any other mishap, the first step you need to take is to seek medical attention. You can visit any of the following hospitals in Macon, Georgia, to receive prompt treatment by some of the best healthcare providers in the state:
- Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Piedmont Macon North
- Bibb County Medical Center
- Atrium Health Navicent Medical Center
- Atrium Health Navicent Emergency Center
- Coliseum Health System: Northside Hospital
- Regency Macon Hospital
Apply for Quick, Easy, and Affordable Settlement Funding in Macon, GA Today
At Direct Legal Funding, we offer settlement loans from $500 to $500,000 or even more to Macon residents – with absolutely no obligation to repay unless you win a settlement. All you need to do is fill out our easy online application form, which is completely free.
There are no upfront fees or hidden charges. Our specialists will go over your application right away and help you get the money you need within 24 hours. Click here to apply or call us at 866-941-5588 if you have any questions. You can also send us a message online.